11/03/2013

Monsters University *SPOILER ALERT*


“Monsters University” just came out this week on Blu-ray and DVD. I saw this movie in theaters this summer.  Let me just start out by saying “Monsters Inc.” and “Lilo and Stitch” were my favorite Disney movies growing up. I watched them all the time. I still haven’t seen a Disney and Pixar movie as good as those two since then. I seriously aspired to be Boo when I was little. Anyway, when I heard that “Monsters University” was coming out I was so excited. I couldn't wait to see it. The hype for it was big. Also everyone enjoyed the first one so they all thought that the prequel will also be good.

After seeing the movie I was sadly disappointed. I don't know if I expected too much of movie or if it just hyped up too much. It just wasn't as good as the original. It wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be either. The movie was predictable. What you couldn't predict you saw in the previews for the movie. I felt like Pixar and Disney could have made it an extra or a onetime episode and called it good. I don't think they needed a whole movie to describe how Mike and Sully became best friends in college. I feel like the prequel was good idea. Showing the back story to how Mike and Sully became best friends, but not for 104 minutes.

I will say that “Monsters U” had some good one liners in it. The movie also has some sentimental moments in it.  Not enough though to make it great.   I think Pixar and Disney's goal was to bring back the monsters was to appeal to kids now and to the kids that grew up with the movie. I bet the movie would be good to someone who had never seen the movie. Another thing that has come out of this movie is all of the merchandise that you can buy. I remember seeing Monster U school supplies and stuffed animals of all the characters. Now with it coming out on DVD they have even more toys you can buy. In one of the ads this morning I saw “Monster University” iPod 5 cases. 

Now I am not saying “Monsters University” was a bad movie because it wasn't, it was just kind of a letdown compared to the original. You aren't going to be impressed by it. If you haven't seen the original "Monsters inc."  You need to watch "Monster University" first. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment