4/20/2014

2048

There is a new game that everyone has been playing. It is called 2048. I started playing it as well. At first I was really confused on what to do. I was just swiping in random directions and i kept losing. Surprising! Then among my random swiping I started to figure out what I actually needed to do. So you start with a blank 4 by 4 board. When you first start a block with a number two is on the board. Then in whatever direction you swipe in that is where a number comes from. The reason you swipe is to get numbers to add together. The one kick is that you can only add the same numbers together. Your goal is to try to get one tile to 2,048. Once the board is full and you can't combine anything else you lose. 

I downloaded this game on Friday and I have been playing it all weekend. On Saturday we were running errands. We would literally be in the care for like 5 minutes. I was playing it for every single minute. It is a great time waster but at the same time it is very addicting. I know it has taken my whole school by storm. When I first saw it I was extremely confused. But know that I have started playing I can't stop. But at the same time I strongly encourage it.  

I think it is weird how we get so addicted to using games or apps like this. It drives us crazy that we are addicted to it. But at the same time we want others to become addicted to it. We want them to have a common interest or addiction with us. Some people hear the words addicting game and they don't want any part of it. They don't even want to try because they know that they will get sucked in. Then there are those that are like a new thing to waste my time what is it. I know I am more like the second person but my family is more like that first person.  


I wonder why we try to get other people addicted and liking or playing the same things we do. It’s like some sort of weird connection over an app. When you put in that context it sounds weird.  If you download 2048 let me know if you like or hate it and what your high score is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment