4/06/2014

Spring Break

Now that we are getting back into groove of things after a whole week off of no responsibilities it has me thinking. Why do so many people these days make such a big deal about spring break. A lot of people think it a one week  to just party the whole time. In reality a lot of scary things can happen during spring break, while you are partying. Most people who go on spring break usually go somewhere warmer than where they already are. This gives you another stereo type for spring break. Is when you come back from spring break you are tanner. I went to California but I didn't come back tan.

I feel that if you go on spring break just to party you could end up sick or dead. It sounds really extreme but its true. If you go to Mexico they have a low drinking age. So a lot of college and high school students will go there just to party. Drinking that much in a week time you could black out, or get alcohol poisoning. Mexico also has all you can drink specials during this time. You don't always have to get sick from alcohol. Every year at least one student dies form jumping off a balcony. I mean that could partially be from alcohol. It could also be stupidity. When there is no one to discourage you from anything. You have no cares in the world. It is really easy to fall into peer pressure at this point.  

I think it is sad that this is what spring break has come to in our country. I personally didn't go out and party. I think partying is overrated any way. But what is the point of partying for a whole week, if first of all you don't even remember when you go back to school. You also if you have to fight the hang over later. I also know that there is also a drug involved in to spring break. Which doesn’t make it much better. 


Whatever you did for spring break I hope you were safe about it. I also hope you take some of things into consideration, when you plan your next spring break vacation. Maybe you could do something to better the world or better yourself. If you were wondering I got all of my facts from dosomething.org. Once again I hope you had a great spring break. 

No comments:

Post a Comment