4/20/2014

Spotify

If you don't use Spotify I honestly feel bad for you because it is the best thing that has ever come to my life. If you don't know what it is. It was orgianly made for your computer. You basically make an account and you start searching for songs and you download whole CDs or just individual songs. You can put them into playlist. Then you can make the playlists available offline. So if you aren't connected to the internet then you can still enjoy your music. Now they have as an app for cellphones as well. But with app you have to pay 9.99 a month for it. But for me it's worth it. Because you can still make your playlists offline. You can also add songs from your phone and it will just sync over the same Wi-Fi. I use my Spotify daily, at school, in my car, on trips.   

I think it is amazing that we can listen to music like that without paying for each individual song. I mean if you do the math for how many songs I have on my Spotify and multiplying it by $1.29, which is what it costs on iTunes. I have like 400-500 songs on mine and divide it by $10 it is more than worth it. Another thing that I love about Spotify is that you when you have it on your phone it doesn't even use up that much space. With 400-500 songs it uses up about 1.7 GB. But if you put that into context I have 324 songs on my phone of actual music and it uses up 3.6 GB of memory. 

Another awesome thing about Spotify that I strongly suggest is logging in through Facebook. Then you can follow you friends from Facebook and see the music they are listening too. Also Spotify uses the songs you add to your account and give you recommendations of songs and artists you might be interested. I enjoy that too. I like finding new artists. Spotify also is really good at having new releases on their pretty quick.

If you use Spotify do you like it or hate it. If you don't I strongly recommend it to anybody that loves music and doesn't want to pay for the outrages price of music. I remember when songs on iTunes were 99 cents what happened. They do have a free version on the app stores but I think it is only free for a limited time I am not sure about it. I have never used it.



No comments:

Post a Comment