10/06/2013

Adele

It may seem that Adele has kind of fallen off the edge of the music world. She did so well with her album 21, then had a hemorrhage on her vocal cord she had to have surgery to get removed. Everyone was very concerned for her voice. Now there are rumors going round that she is going back to the studio.  She is working with Ryan Tedder from One Republic. Tedder says that her voice is better than ever. 

I am personally excited for her new album. I heard a lot of the singles from 21 and then purchased the album and I loved it; every single song on the album. I have been waiting and waiting for her new music to come out. She kind of fell off the world like Lady Gaga, but Lady Gaga got weirder when she came back into the light, as if that was possible. Hopefully Adele comes back better than she was before. People are saying she is better than she was, which is hard for me to believe because she was amazing before. She has a great voice. Not only that, her lyrics are really relatable, especially if you have gone through a breakup. I feel like 21 is her best album to date. I’ve tried listening to her other albums, and yeah they are good, but at the same time 21 is fantastic. 

When talking about Adele I was curious how she got to where she is. Well it all began when a friend of her dads, who is a record producer. Asked her to sing "Heart of Glass", that is when she realized she wanted to be a singer. She went to a secondary school, and while she was there she met Mary J Blidge. She had a big influence on her songs. She wanted to perform but at her school she had to learn to play the clarinet to be in choir. She then switched schools. At her new school it was all about the music. There was no extra stuff on the side. In 2006 she graduated and that was when labels started to notice her and the rest is history. 

One of my favorite things about Adele is that she just doesn't care. Her label told her she needed to lose weight and she replied by saying "I am happy the way I am." Then her label tried to tell her to quit smoking and she didn't. She does what she needs to do for her and not for anybody else. (424) 


No comments:

Post a Comment