10/27/2013

The Conjuring *SPOILER ALERT*

I first saw The Conjuring in theaters this summer. Tonight I watched it again. I still can't get over how scary it is. This movie starts of scary. In other scary movies almost half the movie is building up the story line. They don't mess around. It starts off with this demonic spirit taking over a doll. The story line goes that this family of seven moves in to a new house. Away from everything especially the city. This family has 5 daughters. Well weird things start happening right away. Like the dog refuses to go into the house and then the next morning dies. After things get worse they get in contact with Ed and Loraine Warren. They are paranormal investigators.  Well in effort to get rid of some of the things haunting their property... There is a lot. The mom gets possessed by this dark spirit. Not only that but it latched on to Ed and Loraine, which affected their daughter. 


I am not even going to lie after the movie was over I made my dad  had to walk me upstairs turn on my light and my T.V. I also made him flip my mirror around. If you have seen the movie you know what I am talking about.  (I can't give the whole movie away.) This movie is not your average paranormal investigation movie. It takes it to a whole new level. It says that this movie is based on a true story. This is hard to tell, because if you tried to look up the family in the movie, you are going to end up on a site that is going to scam you and try to scare you. That is the hardest part of movies like this. There is no way to tell if it is a true story. The movie producers could have gotten the picture at the end of the movie from anywhere. Then claim it to be the family in the movie. Another thing I like about this movie is that it is based in the 70's. There is no modern technology. You can tell from what they wear and the furniture in their house that this movie isn't modern. I think this completes the whole idea of a ghost story.

No comments:

Post a Comment