12/19/2013

Duck Dynasty

I use to never watch "Duck Dynasty", my uncle would always rave about it. Then just this season my family got into it. We love it we watch every episode. We love how real there family is. My favorite episode is the one when John Luke (Willie's son) got his wisdom teeth out. It is seriously so funny. Here is a video of it If you haven't seen it yet. There whole family is so funny. The things that come out of their mouth, you are just like what who thinks like that.

If you haven't heard Phil from the show has been suspended. He has been suspended because he opened up about his opinion on gay people. A&E have always been big supporters of the LGBT community. They didn't want his opinions to reflect their network. Phil is very strong in his faith. I respect that. He knows his stuff about the bible and he is firm in his beliefs. A lot of the things he says he believes gets cut from the show to stop controversy. Well he had an interview with "GQ" and he opened up about what he can't say on TV. One of them being gay people. His quote straight from the interview says "It seems like, to me, a vagina - as a man - would be more desirable than a man's anus. That's just me. I'm just thinking: There's more there! She's got more to offer. I mean come on, dudes! You know what I'm saying? But hey, sin: It's not logical, my man. It's not just logical." Wow there is a lot there.

To me it seems like he is just stating what he believes. I'm not saying I agree with him. I'm just saying that it is his beliefs and I think it is not fair that he is being cut from the show for his beliefs. Not all of america is for gay rights. If they were we would have a law passed  by now. I understand that isn't what A&E believes either. But it's not like they fought over it they just straight up cut him. It's not like A&E told him no to say anything he believes. He was getting interviewed as his own person not from the show. "GQ" obviously came to interview him for a reason. They were interested in him not the company he is associated with.

In his religion being gay is a sin. But also in his religion everybody sins that is what perpetrates them from God. All sins are the same. No sin is worse than the other. It isn't like Phil came out and said he hated gay people he just said that it is a sin and what he believed about it. I think A&E are over reacting a little bit. I think they need to sit back and look at the whole situation then take care of it appropriately

No comments:

Post a Comment