12/08/2013

R.I.P. Paul Walker

After a great Thanksgiving and all of the black Friday shopping, everyone was thinking about going back to work the next day when something tragic happened on November 30th. That is when the news started to spread. The first place I saw the news that Paul Walker was dead was on tmz.com. I didn't know if it was real or not because there have been rumors about other celebrities dying. With the other celebrities in the end it just ended up being a rumor.

On Saturday night when I saw it on Tmz the page wouldn't load. This made me even more suspicious about it. Maybe this is all just a hoax, but as I looked more into it his Facebook page had something posted about it and so did Good Morning America. On his Facebook fan page on Saturday night at 9:11pm central time, this is what it said. "It is with a truly heavy heart that we must confirm that Paul Walker passed away today in a tragic car accident while attending a charity even for his organization "Reach Out Worldwide". He was a passenger in a friend's car, in which both lost their lives. We appreciate your patience as we too are stunned and saddened beyond belief by this news. Thank you for keeping his family and friends in your prayers during this very difficult time. We will do our best to keep you apprised on where to condolence. -#TeamPW"

Paul Walker has always been my favorite actor in all of the Fast and Furious movies. I remember watching the first one with my step-dad and ever since then we have watched all 7 of the movies. I think that it is so sad they he died at the age of 40. He left behind his longtime girlfriend and also his 15 year old daughter. It is so sad that he had to die at such a young age. I think it is awesome how is fans are putting mementos at the scene of the crash.

On CNN.com I was trying to see what is now going 0n with the investigation of it and the pages is just struggling to load. I saw on TMZ.com that there were rumors going around that Walker should have been able to escape the scene of the accident. Of course those rumors were not true. Another rumor going around is that Paul Walker's daughter, Meadow, was at the charity event. This rumor was also not true and was confirmed on his Facebook fan page. There is also a tribute video that was made to honor him.


This video brought tears to my eyes and I definitely recommend watching it. The video was made by the Fast and Furious Facebook page. The caption on it says from The Fast Family. I think his death is going to be a tough one to get over. He had a pretty big fan base. With two million followers on his Twitter page and 12.6 million on his Facebook fan page. He is going to be deeply missed. There also has been a break in production of the newest Fast & Furious film. We’ll have to see where the franchise goes from here, if anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment